Here at Thexyz we take your account security very seriously and want to make it easy for you to keep your email account safe.
- You have a password for Webmail which is separate from the password used for Thexyz Account Portal.
- Any other program or app accessing your account (Mail, or Calendaring apps on your phone, or Outlook on your computer, for example) needs to use the Webmail password.
- All passwords must meet the minimum security requirements found here.
How to change your password
- Log in to your account via Webmail on https://webmail.thexyz.com
- Then at the top right of the page, click the 'hamburger' icon
- Click Change Password in the left menu, enter your current and new password, and then confirm your new password.
- Click the Save button. You will see a confirmation message, indicating that your new password was successfully changed and that Webmail needs to reload.
Need further assistance? Check out this article with screenshot examples.
Why it's important to use a unique password
Your email is the key to your online world; you can reset your password at most other sites you use if you have access to your email. When you reuse your Webmail password at other sites, you're making it much easier for attackers to potentially break into your account. Other sites often don't have the same high-security measures as Thexyz (such as compulsory HTTPS, locked-down servers, etc.), which makes them much easier for criminals to break in to. If they hold your email address and the same password that you use for Thexyz, the attacker can then access your email account and get into everything else you use online.
Using two-step verification is an excellent way to keep your account safe, even if your password is compromised.
Enable automatic password resets through SMS
In case you ever forget your password, it's useful to set up automatic password resets through SMS, this can be done by adding and verifying a mobile phone number in Webmail. For instructions on how to do this, please see this article.