Here at Thexyz we take your account security very seriously and want to make it easy for you to keep your email account safe.
- You have a password for Webmail which is separate from the password used for Thexyz Account Portal.
- Any other program or app accessing your account (Mail, or Calendaring apps on your phone, or Outlook on your computer, for example) needs to use the Webmail password.
- All passwords must meet the minimum security requirements found here.
How to change your password
- Log in to your account via Webmail on https://webmail.thexyz.com
- Then at the top right of the page, click the 'hamburger' icon
- Click Change Password in the left menu, enter your current and new password and then confirm your new password.
- Click the Save button. You will see a confirmation message, indicating that your new password was successfully changed and that Webmail needs to reload.
Need further assistance? Check out this article with screenshot examples.
Why it's important to use a unique password
Your email is the key to your online world; you can reset your password at most other sites you use if you have access to your email. When you reuse your Webmail password at other sites, you're making it much easier for attackers to potentially break into your account. Other sites often don't have the same high-security measures as Thexyz (such as compulsory HTTPS, locked-down servers, etc.), which makes them much easier for criminals to break into. If they hold your email address and the same password that you use for Thexyz, the attacker can then access your email account and get into everything else you use online.
Using two-step verification is an excellent way to keep your account safe, even if your password is compromised.
How to reset a mailbox password
In case you ever forget your password, it's useful to set up automatic password resets through SMS or enabling Multi-Factor Authentication. If you have not set up MFA with either an authenticator app or SMS, then you may be able to reset the password through the client area or the email admin portal if you are using a custom domain name.
Enable automatic password resets through MFA
The fasted and easiest way to reset your password is to utilize our Multi-Factor Authentication security features. This was you can quickly gain access to reset your mailbox password by authenticating through MFA.
Enable automatic password resets through SMS
In case you ever forget your password, it's useful to set up automatic password resets through SMS, this can be done by adding and verifying a mobile phone number in Webmail. For instructions on how to do this, please see this article.
Contact your email administrator
If you are using Microsoft Exchange or are trying to reset your mailbox password and seeing the below error message:
Contact Your Admin
Your email account's password is maintained by your company's email administrator. Please contact them to retrieve or reset your password.
You will need to contact your companies email administrator. If you are the only person in your company or manage the email administration then you will have to reset the password through the client area or the email admin portal.
Contacting Thexyz Support Team for assistance with lost passwords
If you are not able to reset the password yourself, we strongly recommend setting up MFA. You can contact Thexyz Support Team for assistance by logging into the client area. If you are not able to log in to the client area, email admin portal, or utilize any of the above password reset mechanisms, you may need to submit an Account Recovery request.