Enabling two-factor authentication
Thexyz supports various methods for 2FA, setup an additional layer of security with two-factor authethication.
A YubiKey is a small USB that stores an additional encrypted password to login to your account. You will need to purchase a YubiKey to use this method of authentication.
- To get started, login to your account at: https://www.thexyz.com/account/clientarea.php
- Where is says "Hello, your name" at the top right, click on it to bring down the menu and select "Security Settings."
- You can click the button to enable Two-factor authentication.
- Enter your Yubikey into your computers USB drive and press the button to generate the password.
- That's it, your Yubikey has been authenticated, be sure to take note of the pass code in case it is lost.
This guide has also been posted on our forum with screenshot images over here.
Two-factor authentication apps
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to sign in with your password and a code from a second device. To set up:
- Visit the app store on your mobile device or use a desktop app.
- Search for Google Authenticator or Authy. These apps will generate your authentication code.
- Download and install the app.
- Scan the QR Code from the admin panel or manually enter the secret key into the app.
- Enter the six-digit code from the app.
Was this answer helpful?
You can change your email password by logging into webmail: https://webmail.thexyz.comThen at the...
Here at Thexyz we take your account security very seriously and wanrt to make it easy for you to...
You can reset your password quickly and easily with our secure automated SMS password reset...