Thexyz supports various methods for 2FA, set up an additional level of security with two-factor authentication. Email administrators are now required to set up multi-factor authentication (2FA) to gain access to the admin area and manage email account settings.
Guides for managing Multi-factor authentication
- Manage Multi-Factor Authentication for Thexyz Webmail
- Administrators Guide for Email Multi-Factor Authentication
- How to add Yubikey Authentication to Thexyz
Two-factor authentication apps
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to sign in with your username and password and a code from a second device. This is a more secure authentication method than getting a text message to a mobile phone. To set up:
- Visit the app store on your mobile device or use a desktop app.
- Search for Google Authenticator or Authy. These mobile apps will generate your authentication code.
- Download and install the app.
- Scan the QR Code from the admin panel or manually enter the secret key into the app.
- Enter the six-digit 2FA code from the app.
SMS multi-factor authentication
If you do not currently use an Authentication app, the SMS method is still available to receive a one-time password via SMS messages. To set up:
- Select the SMS 2-step verification method.
- Enter your mobile phone number to receive a verification code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your mobile phone.
- Once verified, the two-step verification set up is complete.
A YubiKey is a small USB that stores an additional encrypted password to login to your account. You will need to purchase a YubiKey to use this method of authentication.
- To get started, log in to your account at: https://www.thexyz.com/account with your email address and password.
- Where it says "Hello, your name" at the top right, click on it to bring down the menu and select "Security Settings."
- You can click the button to enable Two-factor authentication.
- Enter your Yubikey into your computers USB drive and press the button to generate the security key.
- That's it, your Yubikey has been authenticated, be sure to take note of the passcode in case it is lost.
A guide has also been posted with screenshot images over here.