Thexyz supports various methods for 2FA, setup an additional layer of security with two-factor authentication. Email administrators are now required to setup multi-factor authentication (2FA) to gain access to the admin area and manage email account settings.
Two-factor authentication apps
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to sign in with your username and password and a code from a second device. This is a more secure authentication method than getting a text message to a mobile phone. To set up:
- Visit the app store on your mobile device or use a desktop app.
- Search for Google Authenticator or Authy. These mobile apps will generate your authentication code.
- Download and install the app.
- Scan the QR Code from the admin panel or manually enter the secret key into the app.
- Enter the six-digit code from the app.
SMS multi-factor authentication
If you do not currently use an Authentication app, the SMS method is still available to receive a one time password via sms messages. To set up:
- Select the SMS 2-step verification method.
- Enter your mobile phone number to receive a verification code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your mobile phone.
- Once verified, the two step verification set up is complete.
A YubiKey is a small USB that stores an additional encrypted password to login to your account. You will need to purchase a YubiKey to use this method of authentication.
- To get started, login to your account at: https://www.thexyz.com/account with your email address and password.
- Where is says "Hello, your name" at the top right, click on it to bring down the menu and select "Security Settings."
- You can click the button to enable Two-factor authentication.
- Enter your Yubikey into your computers USB drive and press the button to generate the security key.
- That's it, your Yubikey has been authenticated, be sure to take note of the pass code in case it is lost.
This guide has also been posted on our forum with screenshot images over here.