As like so many of you, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For Thexyz, that means understanding how it affects our global community of customers, partners, and employees. This week we requested all employees to work from home.
This step is in the interest of protecting our community, and in pursuit of doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. We want to assure you that we continue to guarantee the same level and quality of service you are used to from Thexyz.
In the last twelve years, we have built a digital and remote-oriented operation. Our model of enabling staff to work remotely to access files and communicate effectively is built on the same cloud-based tools we offer our customers. These are the changes we have made to keep our Community safe:
- Remote work for all our staff – we remain available to you and are continuing to deliver high-quality and reliable services.
- Social distancing – we might not visit you in person but would love to have a video call and will continue our regular meetings.
- Following stay healthy guidelines from Health Canada and WHO – we may use virtual fist bumps but this will not take away from our core passion for your success.
We know you have to run your business and deliver a secure digitally connected world and we thank you for your trust and partnership.
We have been seeing an increase in requests from our customers to move from traditional on-premise solutions to the cloud to allow for remote work. Please let us know how we can help; we’re here for you to transition to a remote setup. We have a wonderful remote workforce that is ready to jump in and discuss our product offerings for a full cloud environment.
Which products help to enable smooth remote working
- Premium Email – Our email application allows for remote collaboration with integrated team chat built right into Webmail. Email can be accessed anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Cloud Drive – Using Thexyz Cloud Drive, users can remotely work on files together simultaneously. We also offer Nextcloud which is a great alternative to mainstream cloud file sharing apps with powerful real-time collaboration.
- Cloud PBX – Ditch the office phone and the constraints that come along with it and move to a fully remote office phone system that runs through your mobile phone, computer or traditional desk phone. Looking for online meeting collaboration tool for online meetings? Get a quote and we will compare different programs for you.
- VPN – Using a Virtual Private Network while working remote is a good idea for online privacy and better internet security.
- CDN – As your traffic increases, you might consider a Content Delivery Network to more efficiently distribute your content across the globe.
What is Thexyz doing to help businesses as this time
We’re committed to supporting people during this challenging time, we are continuing to scale our infrastructure to support greater demand, ensuring streamlined, reliable access to our services throughout this period. On top of that we waiving fee’s to make any transition to a remote working environment as affordable as possible.
- Free email migrations – We are waiving all migration when migrating to our Premium Email or Hosted Exchange
- No phone setup fees – We are waiving setup fees on our Remote Business Phone System as well as offering 30 days free with a one year contract
- Free Support – 24/7 support is included with all our products and services. We are also offering added to support to help users get the hang of remote working and cloud based environments.
- Free Website Builder – Stay home and learn to build a website for free with Weebly Website Builder. Free for one year.
- Free Email Newsletter App – We have recently launched our own email marketing solution called Group List. This offers a free tier and we are offering the paid service free for one year.
We are ready to help you with the change, happy to waive any setup fees, migration fees or whatever else we can to help with the transition.
At Thexyz, our high level of support, and ensuring your business is supported at all times, is of the utmost importance to us. The health and safety of our employees is a priority as well, and these plans will help us ensure we’re doing our best to keep both in mind. As you monitor the situation and consider your own continuity plans, Thexyz is prepared to help in any capacity needed.
Common questions about working from home
How can I access my email on my personal computer?
Email can be accessed easily on any web browser (FireFox, Edge, Chrome, Brave, etc) through the Webmail login page: webmail.thexyz.com
It is also possible to set up email on your mobile devices or desktop computer (Mac or Windows). Tutorials with screenshots on how to get your email account on these devices can be found in our Knowledgebase.
How can I hide my mobile phone number when making a work call?
How can I open and edit Word or Excel documents without Microsoft Office installed?
How can I maintain security while working at home?
Why does Thexyz not recommend using Zoom.us?
More information on the coronavirus is available here:
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-314-9082, or submit a ticket via your client portal. Thank you for your continued trust and we wish all of our clients health and safety as an extended member of our family during this unprecedented situation.