Wednesday, August 5, 2015This feature immediately updates the mailbox and any associated contacts, calendars and other data within webmail. It will also automatically create an alias directing mail sent to the old address into the new mailbox.
Read the full blog post here.
- The user must update their username in their email clients and mobile devices to maintain access to the account.
- Rename does not support SharePoint, any associated SharePoint user will not be renamed.
- Chat buddy lists are not automatically updated during a rename.
- Users will need to re-add buddies.
- Shared calendars will not automatically update.
- Users viewing the calendar of a mailbox that is renamed will need to re-add the new calendar share.