Aliases are a great way to create an alternate name for an existing mailbox. For example, David likes to go by Dave and would like to receive emails to both firstname.lastname@example.org, for business partners, and email@example.com, for friends and family, without checking two different accounts. When you create an alias, you are creating an email address that points to an actual email mailbox or mailboxes.
This article shows how to create an alias that will forward to another mailbox or to multiple mailboxes on a domain.
Add a single alias
You will first need to login to the email admin Control Panel: https://admin.thexyz.com
- On the Control Panel Main page, locate Email Hosting | Email Accounts. Click the Manage Aliases link.
- Click the Add Alias button.
- Enter a unique alias name in the Create New Alias box.
- Select the address(es) you want to associate with the alias, and then click the Add button.
- You can send email from this alias to up to 50 total email addresses, four of which can be outside of your domain.
- Click the Save button.
Add multiple aliases
- In the Thexyz Email Adminsitrators Control Panel, click Aliases.
- On the Aliases page, click Add Multiple Aliases.
- Create a CSV or Excel file that contains the information detailed in the Data Format section of the Import Aliases page. You can download a template here.
- In the Import File section, click Choose file, locate and select the CSV or Excel file that you created, and click Open.
- On the Import Aliases page, click Import. Any errors that occur are detailed in the import summary, which is displayed after the import is complete.
You can download a spreadsheet example template here.