Email Server Settings for Thexyz Webmail
Use the settings marked below for setting up your email address manually with imap and pop over a secure connection so you may access your existing email account on a mobile device or desktop email client (Microsoft Outlook, Mac Mail etc) . We recommend using the secure SSL settings to connect via IMAP. If you login via webmail.thexyz.com to access your account then these are the settings for you to connect to your email server. For email account setup assistance, please check the Email Help Setup Tool on our Support page.
|Incoming Mail Server||Mail Server Address||Port|
|POP Server (SSL)||secure.emailsrvr.com||995|
|IMAP Server (SSL)||secure.emailsrvr.com||993|
|POP Server (Non-SSL)||pop.emailsrvr.com||110|
|IMAP Server (Non-SSL)||imap.emailsrvr.com||143|
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||Mail Server Address||Mail Server Ports|
|SMTP Server (SSL)||secure.emailsrvr.com||465|
|SMTP Server (Non-SSL)||smtp.emailsrvr.com||25,587, 8025, 2525|
|MobileSync Setup||Mail Server Address||Port|
|ActiveSync Server (SSL)||mobilesync.emailsrvr.com||443|
Still need help?
Try our email help setup tool for a step by step guide on setting up email on your devices or contact our technical support team.
- You can try port 587 is port 465 is having trouble or blocked.
- We recommend using the settings marked SSL for increased security. For a non-secure connection use the settings marked Non-SSL.
- Both incoming and outgoing server requires authentication, you will need to enter your email address as the username and password for both. Apple devices may mention this is optional although it is actually required for security.
- If you are setting up an account with Microsoft Exchange, it is recommended that you use the email help setup wizard to be sure you are getting the correct account settings for your version of Exchange.
- If you are having trouble setting up on a mobile device, especially with MobileSync, we recommend turning off Wi-Fi and using mobile data for the setup process. Once setup, you can enable Wi-Fi again. In some cases, the Wi-Fi connection can pose problems.
- Make sure you have set your domain DNS if using your own domain. This is required to send emails from your own domain name.