Converting a large .ost file to .pst file

I am looking to convert 30GB .ost file into .pst file and running into some difficulties as I am sure you can imagine. I just wondered if you knew of anything that would be helpful here?

Oh I and this on Outlook 2007.

Tagged:

Comments

• It's all third party tools on that front, and I have no idea which ones are good and unlikely to corrupt the mailbox data. It's still possible to do .pst exports on outlook 2007, although I would need to check the data file size limit registry keys again.

• These are just too large though.

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832925/how-to-configure-the-size-limit-for-both-pst-and-ost-files-in-outlook

Looks like literal maximum sizes are higher, but 19GB is the point where Outlook tries to stop adding more data. You _might _be able to import the file into Outlook 2007 and export as pst, not sure it'll take ost imports though. .ost is exclusively for Outlook profile data files while .pst is the portable format, so importing a .ost is out of the bounds of the program's expected behavior

• Is there not some kind of OST guru somewhere out there?

• We don't have anyone with expertise in bypassing the expected Outlook behavior, although if you set up the user the ost is meant to pair with and set it to the data file to pull from that _might _work if the .ost was originally just for one mailbox.

• Ok thanks.

I will check a few more things before I give up on this.

• I am suggesting you take help from third party tool for converting large OST files into the accessible PST. Because the manual process is quite robust or task contains lengthy steps,
    However, serious problems might occur if you execute the work incorrectly. Due to that may be your OST file gets corrupt or damaged permanently. Even Microsoft mentioned it in their blogs.
    Don’t take a risk with your valuable data. I have an advice for you go with the third party OST converter tool an easiest & safest way for the conversion of OST files into importable PST format.

Benefits with Third party tools:
    1. The easiest method for converting large OST file into the PST file format
    2. 100% assured guarantee for data conversion
    3. Users can split the transformed data into the small PST files and procure from future damages
    4. No need of converting the complete data file at a time, Users can shortlist the essential items from the large OST file data by applying the filters like (Date, Name, Subject, size) and then save it according to the need.
    5. Support multiple file formats like into PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats.
    6. In demo versions, Users can convert some emails from the mailbox in free for checking the reliability of the Software. But for conversions of entire mailbox data users will have to go for paid subscriptions.

You can download this software from TechNet: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/OST-to-PST-Converter-to-33b84a13