Outlook 2013 not marking email as replied to
- An add-in installed on Outlook
- The message was replied to on another device or platform
Open Outlook in Safe Mode
If you are replying via Outlook, you can test by open Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Close Outlook
- On your keyboard press the Windows key and "R"
- In the open box type: Outlook /safe
If you are running an older version of Windows, you may need to select: Start >> Run >> then enter: Outlook /safe
You can now test to see if the problem is resolved when replying to an email in safe mode. If it now marks the email as replied (and it should), then you can go ahead and disable any add-ins as they are likely not needed.
How to disable Outlook Add-ins
- Open Outlook
- Click on File menu
- Click Options
- Click Add-ins
- Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-Add-in.
- Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them
- Close the Outlook and restart it.
Select Manage: Com-Add-in
Make all Add-ins that are active, inactive by unchecking them and press OK.