‎How to transfer contacts from older Blackberry to BB10

We have received many reports from users who are upgrading ‎to the latest Blackberry 10 operating system, only to find that the method of transferring contacts through Blackberry software does not work.

I too have tested the Blackberry desktop software and find it does not support the transfer of contacts.

There are some blogs and forums online that mention that the two devices can be paired via Bluetooth for contact transfer. I found this would not work with both Blackberry 6 and 7 models. At best it might only import one contact.

The solution to transfer contacts from Blackberry 6/7/9 to BB10

To complete this task you will need an email account from Thexyz or comparable email service that supports Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. You will also need Outlook installed on the computer.

1. Connect your older Blackberry with the contacts on it to your PC via USB. I did find some issues when trying to do this on a Mac so a PC is recommended.

2. You can now select to export your contacts to an email account on Microsoft Outlook.

3. If you have an exchange based email account, the process should complete without issue. Your contacts will now start to sync with your exchange account and as long as your exchange email account is setup on your new BB10.

4. If you do not have a Microsoft Exchange supported email account, you can then simply export the contacts from Outlook as a .csv file.
This .csv can then be imported to webmail.

It is recommended to use Thexyz MobileSync email service which will enable full contact, calendar and email synchronization, therefore eliminating such issues from ever occurring in the first place.